Friday, July 3, 2015

A Stamp Rewind for My Anniversary

Pin It Now! You hoard retired stamp sets like me, don't you? I'm not alone here?!  As a demo, I find myself trying to use the current sets because, of course, they're fresh and new. But for my 15th Anniversary this week, I found myself at a loss for a perfect stamp. But looking around my room, I saw that I had amazing stamps...they're everywhere!

This was more or less the sketch from last week's challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments, and I CASE'd the style of Diana Eichfeld with her pretty challenge winner

My husband collects clocks, so the cuckoo clock from Forever Young was perfect. And "Love always" was layered from a retired Valentine set, Affection Collection. I used an interesting die cut that complemented the shaped of the clock, and added woodgrain embossing. 

I think what he said was, "Wow, baby, you really did a nice job!"  :D I get that a lot. Haha. 

So, pull out those old stamp sets, blow off the dust, and ink them up!

SUPPLIES:
STAMPS: Forever Young, Affection Collection (both retired)
INK: Blackberry Bliss, Gold Stampin' Emboss, Versamark, 
PAPER: Blackberry Bliss, Brushed Gold, Watercolor paper
EMBELLISHMENTS: Gold Sequin Trim, Apothecary Labels Thinlits dies, 2-1/2" circle punch, Mossy Measow striped satin ribbon, Naturals button, corner round punch, Woodgrain embossing folder



1 comment:

  1. Yeah someone else who hoards and reuses. Love it and your card. Beautiful anniversary card. Affection Collection was one of my favourites and I just didn't use it enough but couldn't part with it. You inspire me to drag it out again. LOL!

    ReplyDelete