Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Father's Day - Something Old, Something New...

Pin It Now! Does Father's Day cardmaking always sneak up on you like it does me? Thankfully I had all morning yesterday to devote to dad cards.

I used RetroSketches for my first card, and it's vintage in more ways than one!
Look here! The supplies I used are from a scrap kit from August 2008! LOL. How's that for using the stash? This kit reminds me of my dad, so I've made him cards from this more than once. He is the parent that gave me my love of old cars, '50s and '60s music, and generally upped my "cool factor" by setting an example of awesome dry humor.
My boys love this card, especially the big dial on the gauge! I like the lettering...the Thickers were raw cardboard, and I embossed them with silver, then grunged them up with black sponging, so they look more pewter.
Inside...
Check out Retrosketches here!
My Father-In-Law's card was decidedly more subtle. He loves golf, and their great room is all golf. I made this so it'll look good on display :)
This is my first attempt at BRAYERING! So it may look a little amateur. But I love the effect. I followed a tutorial by the great Michelle Zindorf HERE, and it really was pretty easy.
Inside is an oldie-but-goodie golf stamp, long retired, but a staple for golf lovers!


So I have one more dad card to do, for hubby. I will give that one a little thought and make it later this week, since it doesn't have to be mailed :)

Have a blessed and creative day! ~ E.

No comments:

Post a Comment