Monday, April 22, 2013

Vintage Birthday with Pop Up Posies {HSS158 Sketch}

Pin It Now! This morning the air is so crisp, and the sky is so blue, that when I stepped outside it felt like I was taking my first breath!  Amazingly beautiful April morning, even though it's only in the 40s. 

I'm enjoying a little Hand Stamped Sentiments sketch and some new-to-me stash that arrived this week.  The Pop Up Posies kit which makes layered & embellished flowers in a snap, and the This & That collection with the fabulous Epic Day papers. I divvied up some of the supplies in tins, so I can see it all. I find that I'm wayyy more likely to use my goodies liberally if I can see them in an orderly fashion. 
Here's the sketch.
And my card ~
 I used a doily for the strip across the card, and otherwise followed the sketch exactly.  As you can see from peeking into my tin, I used the Pop Up Poses kraft tag, three Pool Party flowers, and a tiny muffin liner behind the resin flower.

A few Primrose Petals details are added...a bit of ribbon, a mat of cardstock, and spritzing all over the flower and the left side of the card.   A little vintage trinket safety pin holds a tiny tag with a sweet message ;)

By the way, I turned a near mistake around when I heat embossed the "Happy Birthday" onto the kraft tag.  Glancing into my embossing bin, I saw the Sugar & Spice scented powder and it's this glorious vanilla color!  I thought, "Yes! This will be great!" Well, it embossed clear!!!  So instead of throwing it away or flipping it over, I sponged White Craft ink over and over on the embossing to produce this resist image.  I love it ~ it's delicate, and it smells SOOooooOOO good. Lastly was a little spritzing with my homemade shimmer mist, you may be able to see it on the tag.

So won't you join in the fun at HSS?  You have two weeks to play around.  I'd love to see what you do.

Have a blessed and creative day!  ~E.
Some 4 leaf clovers the boys and I found walking around in our backyard yesterday.  We should be running into all kinds of luck!


SUPPLIES:
STAMPS: Beautiful Birthday Single Stamp, Lovely Little Labels
INK: Craft White, Primrose Petals
PAPER: This & That Epic Day DSP, Primrose Petals, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla
EMBELLISHMENTS: Pop Up Posies Designer Kit, Artisan Embellishments kit, Pool Party Seam Binding ribbon, Vintage Trinkets, Little Labels Punch Pack


2 comments:

  1. LOL!! Great minds think alike, I LOVE your ribbon and the way you got it to scrunch like that!!! So COOL!! Love your card sistah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice organization!! That is something I need to get a handle on! I'll find things in my "pile" that has never been used! :( Love this card, the layers and the spritzing....blends it into the dsp! By the way, send me some of that luck! :)

    ReplyDelete