Sunday, April 21, 2013

Happy in '72 Layout {Mother's Day}

Pin It Now!
I'm sharing a layout today of a photo that was saved from the trash bin. This was one of those instamatic '70s shots that are hard, like shiny posterboard. It was somehow split in half, and then tucked in a box for 30-some years! I found it and scanned it and it's been sitting in my folder for two years now. 

With Mother's Day coming up, it was serendipitous that it reappeared. This is me and my mother. I love the glow of her skin, and the way she's looking at me. Many of the pictures of when I was young are like this. It occurred to me that it is such a blessing to even have a photo taken of you, and then to capture a moment that shows love! Priceless. I am loved.
I'm playing along with the Jenni BowlinCentipede Challenge again, and this time I'm covering more than one challenge.
  • I scraplifted a Design Team member's layout. I was inspired by Amanda's layout, shown here.
  • Using text on a page. The “happy” heart was punched from a vintage Little Golden Book.

Paper punches from an old baby book from Goodwill. 


Here are some details on creating my layout:
  • Since the picture was practically split in half, I printed a scanned copy and tied the blue ribbon vertically down the split.
  • Two little vintage buttons and the clock charm (Stampin' Up) represent me, my mother, and the passing of time.
  • The edges and music lines are stamped with my Annie Sloan Old White Chalk Paint. Many people are using Gesso in crafting now, and I use this as a substitute. I can stencil, paint, colorwash, and stamp with it, and the drying time is almost nothing!

Do you have a photo to scrap that keeps calling your name? Go! Do it! I've waited so long to start scrapbooking again, and I can tell you, any time and any photo is perfect to get started with.


I'm also participating in a blogging event at Notes on Paper by Julie Kirk. I want to share the foremost good thing that blogging has done for me. I've been blogging now for going on three years, and here's my favorite thing about it...

Validation. The fact that I'm not alone, and someone, somewhere poked her head into my craft room and said, “ I like what you've done here, and I understand you.” Moving 500 miles away from all the crafty people I know last year, this is a tremendous blessing, my online bloggers. So many days, I'll finish a post, and a friendly comment will make my phone chime, and from wherever in the world, I got a high five! So thank you, to every one who takes the time to visit, for being a support to those you like, and not just me. You are a blessing.

Have a great week, my friend!

SUPPLY LIST:
Sahara Sand cardstock base, clock charm, and Pool Party seam binding ribbon, doily, vintage trinket safety pin, linen thread: Stampin' Up!
Jenni Bowlin April minibook kit: tag, patterned paper, ribbons, die cut tags, music stamp.
My stash: vintage buttons, heart from vintage paper. You can buy some here in my shop.

1 comment:

  1. What a nice page - such soft dreamy colours, and a lovely subject and sentiment.

    Thanks so much for linking up with my challenge at JBS - best of luckw ith the prize draw!

    Warm wishes, Julie :-)

    ReplyDelete