Monday, March 18, 2013

Have Yourself a Merry Little Snowman

Pin It Now! I have so, so much to do this week. A huge party to plan, tax prep, homeschool as usual, and card orders to fill. All awesome stuff, except for the taxes! But here I am on Monday, and Merry Monday's challenge stops me in my tracks again!

Snowmen are the theme, and I punched this little guy from an oval and circle punch. I love his little polka dot pom pom hat!


Gumball Green Core'dinations is the card base, scrubbied up and embossed with Delicate Details snowflake folder. Snow Festival patterned paper for the trim. I hand cut a tag from First Edition, and cut layers for snow drifts which are painted with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint (awesome stuff).


The whole card is sprinkled with bits of vintage trim...star, flower, and blue circle sequins, and glitter glass.


I was going for a nice, simple look, but just kept adding things til it felt done. Once the rhinestones went on the tag for snowflakes, I sat back and said, Yep. Done!

I used the sketch from RetroSketches for the layout, you can check them out here.
 And of course, you should join in all the Merriness at Always Playing With Paper!

Hope you're having a great week! Are you ready for Easter yet? Some Easter fun coming soon!

Erika

SUPPLIES: All supplies Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.
STAMPS:  Happy You
INK: Basic Black
PAPER: Snow Festival patterned paper,  First Edition, Gumball Green Core'dinations,
EMBELLISHMENTS: baker's twine, lace tape, basic rhinestones, 7/8" naturals ribbon, circle 1-3/8" punch, 2" oval punch, Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon
OTHER: Vintage trim, Hallmark pom pom trim, standard hole punch


 

6 comments:

  1. Lovely work! Love all the embellishments and details you have added to your sweet card!! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card, your snowman is adorable and I love all the fun embellishments. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable snowman! I'm saving this for future reference! Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great card, Erika! I love your little snowman! He's adorable! Love the shimmery sequins too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH Erika, this is so cute! I love how you made your snowman on a tag and added all those embellishments to your card! A fun & festive snowman card!!!
    Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute, love you sweet punched snowman and all the bling you added. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete