Thursday, December 13, 2012

I Don't Do Fruitcake {Stash Rewind Keepsake Ornaments}

Pin It Now! Don't get me wrong, I actually like fruitcake.  It's gotten a bad rap as the kind of gift you curl your lip at, and let the kids toss around.  My GG's fruitcake was so, so good.  Really dark, sweetened with molasses, and lots of candied fruit in it.  But people don't appreciate it.

So, this year, many of my friends and family will get these handmade ornaments.  There are more than 55 pieces to each one, and is truly a labor of love.  (Like fruitcake, only different.)  
I made my ornaments entirely from patterned paper...at 40 ornament die cuts apiece, there was no way I was stamping and centering forty dozen times.  I also did a total stash raid...these are all retired DSP sets. It felt really good to use up so much paper that I loved.  Good to see them going to a good home!

Here are some individual pics...
Last year's Deck the Halls DSP
 Is this pattern from two years ago?  I have way too much retired paper!
This one is last year's Simply Scrappin' set.
Back side.  

 No matter what paper combinations I used, they all turned out pretty :)
I like how the stripes turned out on this one, it's retired BoBunny paper (non-SU)
So what do you do with all of your retired paper sets?  Use them just the same?  Put them away and swear you'll use them?  Sell?  Give away? Line the bird cage?  I say use them!  Banners, gift wrap, bows, whatever.  

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a blessed and creative day! 
Erika

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful use of extra paper! They all look so pretty and I'm sure your tree is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete