Monday, October 1, 2012

Mini Tea Bag Holders - Fall, Friendship Themes

Pin It Now! Hey Crafty Friends!  Today I'm sharing some sweet tea bag holders.  They're a cute little square bifold that holds a note and a tea bag.

The first one is done with Hand Stamped Sentiments' color challenge for this week - Use the colors Island Indigo, Early Espresso, and Tangerine Tango.  Talk about a WOW combo!  
The Four Seasons Hostess set was perfect for the autumny theme I had in mind, inspired by Friday Mashup.  Layered with Champagne Glimmer Paper, and set against a piece of Early Espresso DSP from Candlelight Christmas (not just for Christmas, apparently!).
Inside are two little pockets, one holds a mini card, and the other holds a yummy Vanilla Chai tea bag.  This brilliant little pocket card was taught by Dawn Griffith on her website last week.  Click here to see the video - easy and cute!
A close up of the mini card. The backside is also done in Very Vanilla for writing on.  
You can also see my little glittered acorns I picked up on my bike ride this morning with the boys :) 

I thought they were so neat, I didn't stop there!  My crafty buddy JoAnn came over and we made this one, too - 
 These are even more tea-appropriate, using From My Heart stamp set.
 The paper and borders are from the Merry Moments Simply Scrappin' kit.  I looooove this kit, it uses Basic Grey as the neutral, and two classic favorites, Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive.  I practiced my watercoloring - it's improving, but I still have a way to go!
 Here are the two inserts. Again, all of the embellishments are already made into die cut stickers in the scrappin' kit.  Too easy.

Won't you play along this week at HSS?  See where it takes you!
And how about some Friday Mashup?  Autumn leaves and/or twine.  Perfect for getting you in a Fall state of mind!

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! I can't believe how cool your project is!! I can't imagine how long this took you to make, seriously SOOOOOO adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what great projects!! All the different elements come together so wonderfully! I love the use of the glitter paper on the first holder!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable, Erika! And look at your glittery acorn props! Oh my!! I may have to get that From My Heart set. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely little tea bag holders. I love the pockets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your cards are just fantastic. Congratulations for being winner in Friday Mashup Let's Get Twiney!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this idea.thank you-LOVE your acorns. Did you also make those?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute and what a great fall stamp to use with these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such adorable projects! I haven't made those in a few years but I totally need to as they are such cute little gifts. Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete