Monday, August 6, 2012

Storytime Friends HSS130

Pin It Now! I have to confess, I am on my 3rd week being away (like 500 miles away) from my craft room. My heavenly personal space, my refuge, and 98% of my craft supplies!  This is my 4th card since I left home with a small box of stampin' stash, and it was a bit of a challenge!  The HSS challenge this week is ALL of the new In-Colors, and I found myself really wanting to scrounge through my stuff for support, as I'm not much into super duper color combos.  And since I did this card a few weeks ago already, I had to come up with a fresh multi-colored idea!
So I thought I'd go for minimalist stamping, and these super cute Storybook Friends are purrfect!
The new 7/8" Cotton Ribbon is torn and frayed for a textural layer, and our little friends are tethered together with Hat Pins and little bits of Stitched Satin ribbon to form a little banner.  
Are you feeling colorful this week?  Join the challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments and show what you got!

Another challenge that helped me with my color-full card was Friday Mashup!  They challenge you to use a stick pin / vintage / or combo thereof.  Here's my non-professional screen shot of the challenge post! LOL


3 comments:

  1. This is so sweet! I love how you've used the pin, and the fraying on the ribbon! Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! So hard to be away from our stampin' stuff, huh? I always find it really hard to know what to bring with me. Your "non professional" screen shot made me laugh! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some fabulous cards posted on your blog. Thank you for sharing your talents!

    Jessica Lynn
    http://jessicalynnoriginal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete