Thursday, August 23, 2012

Christmas Workshop Samples!

Pin It Now! It's Christmas in August this week at my house!  I know, Christmas in July has a much nicer ring, but who has the time when the swimming pool is still open, you have a vacation to execute, not to mention canning seasonal veggies and fruits?  It's August by the time you blink.  

I finally threw a little Christmas party for my ladies - cookies, Christmas music, cards, and giveaways! Mmm, gingerbread cookies are a fine choice any day of the year.  My house smelled wonderful. 

Here are a couple of cards from the workshop. Nice, Christmasy cards from the new Holiday Catalog.

This one is a CASE of Kimberly VanDiepen's gorgeous card using the new scalloped tulle...
Hers is even prettier than this one! I turned it into a Christmas card using the new single stamp, Heart Of Christmas #128129.
The tulle is so luscious and easy to work with.  It's stretchy, sheer, but won't tear or lose shape. I made a sewn flower from it this week and had to pull stitches from it twice and it never tore! Amazing!  The little bow is embellished with a vintage safety pin trinket and Vintage Faceted Button.  The Cherry Cobbler CS is distressed and brayered with Cherry Cobbler ink.
 A simple sentiment from Greetings Of The Season #128033.  You can't have enough inside card sentiments!

The next card is embossed using the NEW Sugar and Spice Embossing Powder!  Oh, heavens, does this stuff smell outrageously good!  My SU ladies all make fun of me because I hung around the embossing station WAY too much!
 The sentiment was stamped with Early Espresso, then the tree was stamped in Versamark and embossed with the fabulous smelling powder.  Ahhhhhh.  Then there were multiple layers of sponging with Old Olive.  I cut a mask of cardstock for the snowy hills and moved them around 3 or 4 times to create drifts.  A simple little knot of ribbon at the bottom.  Same stamp set for the sentiment, Greetings Of The Season.
The star at the top was stamped with 2-Way Glue, then sprinkled with Galaxy Glitter and a paintbrush. 

I liked that this card was a little more technique-y. Embossing, masking, sponging, 2 step stamping, and ribbon work.  Everyone did a great job making them!

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!  :)  Have a great weekend!  Erika

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards!! I have all these new goodies and you've given me new ideas on how to use them - so thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card. I love it.

    ReplyDelete