Thursday, July 19, 2012

Big Top Party Hat!

Pin It Now! I'm so excited about my latest project for Ustamp With Dawn and Friends.  I've seen some cute party hats around, so I set out to make my own, with a twist...this one is a standing gift card holder in disguise!
There's a full color, 7 page tutorial available for download.  My tutorial includes a party hat template, instructions for the hat, gift card holder, matching card and envelope!
 A closer view of the party hat when opened.  It even has elastic on the inside so the birthday person can wear it!
When complete, you have a closed "gift box", and you just pull the tab on the bottom to reveal the contents!  You can even put a small gift inside, confetti, etc. instead of a gift card.

If you'd like access to this project or more than 40 others, visit Ustamp With Dawn & Friends!! Keep Calm & Ustamp On!  A one time membership of $24.99 gets you forever access to all pdf projects from this event. Click the blinkie below to visit....
Below are three other versions of this hat I whipped up for friends while making this tutorial!  From start to finish you can make the hat project in less than an hour. I've had HUGE fun making these.

Here's the same project in So Saffron...

And Angry Birds!!!!

And, finally, a little non-SU stash, paired with Papillon Potpourri and Papaya Collage.  Some of that thick, luscious ribbon that SU shouldn't have retired makes it look so pretty!  This is actually my personal favorite, i guess because it's girly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment