Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Heaven Blessed Butterfly Card

Pin It Now! Today is my local card swap. Can you guess when I started my cards?  8:00 this morning.  Yes.

A year or two ago, this would've been a problem...frustration, rushing, late to the meet.  But I'm so glad to say that practice has worked in my favor!  I turned out a dozen of these in 2 hours flat!  Unbelievable for me.  And I managed to get dishes done, a one-on-one meet with an SU customer, and actual real-job work too.  Well, I'm getting ready to start the real job work, anyway.



This is simply a few layers, hardly any inking.
Card base is Crumb Cake, with Framed Tulips embossing folder.
Second layer is Attic Boutique DSP 3-1/8" x 4-3/8".
Then a 1-1/2" strip of off-white muslin that I had in my dollar store box, attached from behind with Snail.
Three die cuts from Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die, (2) DSP and (1) Watercolor paper
Tie a 6" piece of Pool Party Seam Binding Ribbon around center butterfly.
Add banner-cut Easter sentiment from Heaven Blessed.




Easy, pretty, and done!  The muslin softens the whole card, with the frayed edges. It's very cheap, $1.99/yard, so I always keep it in my craft room.


Here's the inside...from Heaven Blessed.


And here's my finished stack.  Can't wait to see what the other ladies have made!


Have a blessed & creative day! Erika.

1 comment: