Sunday, December 18, 2011

Bring on the Gifts, Day 2

Pin It Now!
Today's rush of gifts was for the teachers.  I am in total denial, but no, it's true.  Friday was the last day of school, and I'll have my kiddies with me for the REST OF THE YEAR.
Preparing.
Cooking.
Shopping.
Crafting.
Ah, well!  At least I won't have to pack lunches.

Here are some gifts I put together for the teachers.



This is a shadow box with a Christmas tree, and nested among its little boughs are all the students' fingerprints made into little reindeer!  Awwww!


They pressed their fingers into a little acrylic brown paint, pressed them onto a punched scallop circle, hand drew antlers and eyes, and glued on a tiny pom pom nose.  Each one shows their personalities, the big splotchers and the tiny gentle prints.  They're 2nd graders.

The teacher loved it!  I wish I had one for myself!


The star on top of the tree is one of my late grandmother's vintage rhinestone pins, hot glued to the top.


They actually made two at the same time, and I made the second ones into ornaments for them to take home and share with their parents.  Red glimmer paper and white satin ribbon.  (Cased from the very talented Dawn Rapsas.)
The dear deer below belongs to my very own Ryan <3  Love!!!

I also made a couple blocks of layered peppermint soap.
They made easy and fun gifts, and I think they make a nice presentation!

 These bath gifts were made one evening with my crafty sister JoAnn. 
We made these totally cute and sparkly bath fizzies too! 
They're easy and smell DIVINE.
Here's the quick recipe:  1 C. Epsom Salts, 1T Water, couple drops of lavender essential oil.  Mix, color with food coloring, and press into candy forms, or silicone forms.
 I placed them in a cello bag, punched a couple of layers of glimmer paper and stamped a gingerbread man from Bingo Bits, tied on with skinny ribbons, and these little guys were ready for giving!
Have a blessed & creative day! Erika. www.erikaclark.stampinup.net

1 comment: