Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Baseball Card for the Birthday Boy

Pin It Now! One of my DS's best friends is ALL about baseball, as are many 10-year old guys.  Is it just me, or do you also wake up from a dead sleep with a card idea just bopping around in your brain?  Then, as is usual for me, it turned out nothing like what I envisioned, but I like it just the same.  (as usual!) 

Supplies:
Paper:  Patterns Designer Series Paper Stack (pumpkin pie stripe), Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, scrap
Stamps:  Happiest Birthday Wishes
Embellishments: Glimmer Brad, Stampin' Dimensionals,Square Lattice Embossing Folder
Ink: Basic Black, Craft White, Pumpkin Pie
  His team colors are orange and black, and so is my home team, the Baltimore Orioles.  I did poke around on the web and saw a similar card by Debbie Henderson.  I formed the cap the same way I did pumpkins last year, only cut off the bottom at a slight angle.  Hand cut a bill from basic black, and ran it through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice embossing folder, adding a little white craft ink around the edges to set it off.  I layered some Stampin' Dimensionals in the center of the baseball cap to give it a rounded look, using adhesive on the outer edges.  Punched a round circle out of a scrap of baseball themed paper.  Then for the sentiment, I stamped the Birthday wish on Pumpkin Pie, matting it with Basic Black, and punched all the edges with the Ticket Corner Punch.  I thought the ticket was a nice touch! 

No comments:

Post a Comment